<$BlogRSDURL$>
Prairie Landing
Sunday, August 28, 2005
  Tis the season of moving
Everyone's moving this weekend. The Monsignor's Florida-motel-style dwelling is being demolished and he's moving to a brighter, happier, demolition-free apartment a couple blocks away. Across the street from his new place, Pangaea is moving to Takoma Park. I went to her going-away party and was heartbroken, once again, that the vagaries of academic life introduce me to so many awesome people who are destined to leave within a year or two. Queen of the Maye is moving to Pangaea's place. The Coxies are moving to Taylor Street and Buffalo, respectively. T-Bent is moving to Indiana, but that's not quite as bad. (I mean bad for me, not her.) Her 2-bedroom apartment with parking and a pool is something like $500 a month! I won't even get into the East Coast shakeup going down these days.

Last but most significant in my life, Darling Angel is moving in here, to Appliance Lane. She bought a condo but construction isn't done yet and she needs a place to crash for a month or two. When I was a child, having my sister live with me would have been my worst nightmare. I may even have had plans to move to an opposite coast. Now, though, we get along just fine. Yesterday I moved a bunch of stuff around in the guest room and discovered half a closet that's free, with proper use of under-the-bed space. Half a closet! Plus she's a really really good baker and a good cook in general. G the cat loves her, even though it's only because she's allergic to him, so the four of us should have some happy (if crowded) times ahead.

Note to prospective visitors: We'd still love to have you visit this fall, but you won't get your own room until sometime in October. We do still have a comfy, unoccupied couch. We may even have to reclaim our second shower from closet to usable bathing site.
 

All about my deep-dish lifestyle.

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / April 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / May 2007 /


My inspirations: A Ianqui in Greenwich Village - Noise Footprint's Journal - PHILLY Roll - Storm Trooper In Drag's Journal - Chesapeake Explorer - Colliculus - CatTastic - Oh Dog, You Sleuth! - Pangaea Goes to Spookytown - Bitter Orange - Edible Chicago - ilovero-bots

Powered by Blogger