<$BlogRSDURL$>
Prairie Landing
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
  You go, Li'l Rhody!
Amid the shitload of health news that comes into my email box -- and it really is a shitload, I mean at least 30 news-related emails a day -- I noticed this happy development: Medical Marijuana? Rhode Island Says Yes. I notice that although old Governor Don plans to veto the law, the G.A. has enough votes to override him. That is so Rhode Island -- when funding's not involved, they say "Fuck you, Republican federal government!"

A second article I read deals with one of my pet theories, that there is some reason why practically everyone is nearsighted. Turns out not breastfeeding is at least one of the reasons. I actually have no idea whether I was breastfed or not. My mother-in-law thinks that's crazy, everyone should know. But I am NOT asking.



My real theory, which is hardly original, is that people are nearsighted because of too much time spent surfing the Net. All I know is my eyes were pretty good until we got DSL at work, and it's been downhill ever since. I found these yogic eye exercises that seem less freaky than usual. I might try them even though Colliculus will make endless mockery of me.

In high school I dated this guy for a month, who then stalked me for about 6 months. Two or three years later, in college, Noise Footprint and I visited a palm reader in a bad neighborhood in Wilmington (the Indian restaurant next door where we had planned to go was closed). She had a storefront that was her apartment -- plate glass window with a neon sign, but if you looked past the sign you saw wall-to-wall carpet, a big-screen TV and her noisy-ass kids sitting there with a million toys underfoot. She told me there was someone with the initials JD who was a major force in my life. I couldn't think of anyone, but when I got home, J.D. Stalker Dude called me out of the blue and apologized for being an asshole. Anyway, he swore by yogic eye exercises, which is probably where I got the idea from.
 

All about my deep-dish lifestyle.

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / April 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / May 2007 /


My inspirations: A Ianqui in Greenwich Village - Noise Footprint's Journal - PHILLY Roll - Storm Trooper In Drag's Journal - Chesapeake Explorer - Colliculus - CatTastic - Oh Dog, You Sleuth! - Pangaea Goes to Spookytown - Bitter Orange - Edible Chicago - ilovero-bots

Powered by Blogger