<$BlogRSDURL$>
Prairie Landing
Sunday, March 20, 2005
 
I must apologize for being such a blog deadbeat. One of my coworkers quit and they're not replacing her so work is permanently crazy. At school, my group project went so completely to hell that I spent most of our presentation time today mentally composing my grade-grovelling email to the instructor in which I plan to throw myself on his mercy while throwing my group-mates under the bus. (One got called away unexpectedly on business for the last 2 weeks of class, and had to email us an MP3 of his PowerPoint voiceover; the second missed the last week of class; the third did so little that I just gave up and assigned him tasks, and he didn't do them until last night. Just call me Group Asshole.)

And last of all, we closed on our condo Tuesday and are now proud ho-moaners. Hey, did anyone who looked at the pictures notice that one wall of our bedroom is fluorescent spring green? We didn't! And it's in the pictures, so we must've just been blind.

Now begins the process of talking to vendors about our various renovation projects, such as extending the green wall. Also painting it. Also refinishing the floor. Like adopted babies, Chicago home-improvement guys come from all nations except the U.S. Also, they're weird people. One of them sized up the floor, said, "No cooking's been done here," and the next thing we knew he was trying to buy our fireplace off us. "I won't even charge you for the removal," he said. We said no thanks.

Here's one reason why we need to paint:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I mean, I like creative painting as much as the next girl, but I can't ID a single attractive color in that palette, can you?
 

All about my deep-dish lifestyle.

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / April 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / May 2007 /


My inspirations: A Ianqui in Greenwich Village - Noise Footprint's Journal - PHILLY Roll - Storm Trooper In Drag's Journal - Chesapeake Explorer - Colliculus - CatTastic - Oh Dog, You Sleuth! - Pangaea Goes to Spookytown - Bitter Orange - Edible Chicago - ilovero-bots

Powered by Blogger