<$BlogRSDURL$>
Prairie Landing
Saturday, March 27, 2004
  Blah, bla-blah, bla-blah . . .
I took my headache medicine and that makes me go on about whatever jumps into my head. Lucky you, the reader. (Actually, you are lucky, because you can skip ahead more easily than people who may encounter me in person.)

Last night we went out to this place called Leadways. It had junquey art all over the place and two easels with tempera paint and brushes. Also a friendly bartender who reminded me of an eternally sunny barfly I used to hang out with in Baltimore, who also worked at the world's best used bookstore. When I think of the top things I miss about Baltimore, they are:

10. The hotel pool you could sneak into on University Parkway
9. Fourth of July parties at Face-Blind!'s house (I think even she is mystified about why I loved them sooo much.)
8. Regular, in-your-face madness, as documented in the Mobtown Shank.
7. Proximity to Delaware (but not too much proximity)
6. Normals
5. Greg's Bagels, which always had about 20 kinds of delicioso lox. I ask you: Who do I have to kill to find that again? Perhaps this is the beginning of a new quest.
4. The Helmand
3. All the crazy-ass museums. This seems like a phenomenon that I am even less likely to find elsewhere than the 20 kinds of lox.
2. The way everything was cheap-ASS
1. And of course, all the people, even though my friends are leaving in droves.

I could also make a list of the 10 worst things, but that would be boring since it would revolve entirely around the unrelenting threat to life, limb and property, the wholesale breakdown of civilization, and the buglike qualities of crabs.

Anyway, the Leadways was really cool and may become a new regular hangout spot. Except that it was "jazz night" and the "jazz players" sounded like the Indigo Girls. But that was easy to avoid.

Mr. McFoolery insisted that everyone we know, without exception, has some bizarre story attached to them. You know who you are!

Next time, maybe I'll share the story I heard yesterday about shooting catfish in Michigan. But I have rambled self-indulgently enough.
 

All about my deep-dish lifestyle.

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / April 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / May 2007 /


My inspirations: A Ianqui in Greenwich Village - Noise Footprint's Journal - PHILLY Roll - Storm Trooper In Drag's Journal - Chesapeake Explorer - Colliculus - CatTastic - Oh Dog, You Sleuth! - Pangaea Goes to Spookytown - Bitter Orange - Edible Chicago - ilovero-bots

Powered by Blogger